This historic 1924 church originally built as a Japanese Buddhist temple required better accessibility for its congregation. The worship hall on the second floor was accessed via a long flight of stairs. The project required installation of an elevator and a bathroom. The solution was to rebuild the bell tower that had been removed post WWII and place the elevator inside the bell tower structure. The church now has a new façade that is reminiscent of the old.